If you are looking to easily add a Search to your website, or you are looking for the best Google Site Search alternative, as ‘GSS’ shut down in April 2018, then AddSearch is arguably the best all-around site search solution. Previously Google Site Search was a simple way to add a relatively powerful Google Search directly on your site/blog. It was never an enterprise service, but nonetheless, it was Free & Easy, so in many regards, it’s a shame it’s going, but we now have to move on.
After a lot of research on website search software, we are recommending ‘AddSearch‘ as the most viable alternative to Google Site Search and indeed the best all-around site search, with an affordable price point, and easy setup – and we have a unique Coupon Code for you. Yes, there are serious alternatives like the excellent SwiftType, which would be an easy sell if not for it’s prohibitively high pricing (Standard starts at $79 monthly, Pro $199 monthly, Enterprise $1,999 monthly), but AddSearch has both accessible features and pricing, so that’s why its a site search we use & recommend.
Try AddSearch for yourself by searching the Slick Media site below. This site search was added to our website in a few seconds and was as simple as a Cut & Paste of a one-line script to the page.
Search the Slick Media site with AddSearch Search
This search demo is currently indexing over 1500 pages, giving full search stats (also with Google Analytics integration option), and we didn’t need to lift a finger!
Easily Add a Site Search to your Site with AddSearch
With AddSearch you can get started with the “set and forget” website site search solution in just 5 minutes by adding just a few lines of code to your site. No specialist knowledge or programming is necessary – just cut & paste – and for WordPress users there is also the Add Search WordPress Plugin. AddSearch will automatically index your site’s content and then make it available in the generic search field. A feature we particularly like is the snapshot previews of the site’s individual pages/posts and these will automatically pick up the page ‘titles’ as the title for the search item.
Benefits of AddSearch – the best No Code Site Search and Google Site Search alternative
The main benefits of AddSearch over other search solutions are:
- Lightning fast. With AddSearch you get results immediately after just one keypress. The results appear in a layer on top of the page, which you can scroll infinitely. It’s a dramatically better user experience than with any other solution.
- Easy installation. With AddSearch, anyone can implement an instant search for their website in minutes. Installing the WordPress plugin also takes minutes: you just copy one line of text, and you’re done.
- Mobile support. AddSearch’s UI adapts to any device, including desktops, tablets and phones. You don’t need to do anything for full mobile support, even if your site isn’t responsive or mobile.
- Results control. You get to decide which pages and areas are more important than others. You also get full statistics and can integrate your search analytics with Google Analytics.
- Statistics. AddSearch gives you comprehensive statistics on the usage of your search and is also integrated with Google Analytics.
Pricing for AddSearch is a very affordable, starting rate of only $25 pm for ‘Essentials’ and this will actually suit most websites, ‘Professional is still an affordable $89 monthly and then pricing scales up to Premium at $349 and then Enterprise at tailored rates. To be fair if you are going to be spending $349 monthly then perhaps you should consider your own custom developed site search, but if you are still looking for an easy and robust solution then AddSearch still definitely fits the bill.
|$25 Per month, billed annually||$89 Per month, billed annually||$349 Per month, billed annually||From $1,990|
|Essential features to get started with a fast customizable search||Entry point to a professional search with powerful features||Advanced search solution for bigger organizations or more specific needs||Fully-tailored solution for any needs with implementation support|
AddSearch Coupon Code for 5% Off
Simply enter the UNIQUE AddSearch coupon code ‘slick773‘ at checkout for the 5% Off AddSearch.
Note this code is Unique to Slick Media and you won’t find it anywhere else.